1. On the ocean and on shore, we are with you every step of the way. The captain on the vessel will take care of your loved one, and a Pacific Ocean Charter representative will accompany your family’s party on shore.
2. You do not have to deal with the elements of the ocean. Many people are prone to seasickness, get nervous or uncomfortable, or are physically unable to board a vessel. Viewing from the coastline allows you to be safe and comfortable, especially when weather conditions are not ideal.
3. No one gets left behind. You can have a much larger party attend the memorial. Viewing from the coastline enables you to be surrounded by all your loved ones rather than be limited to a select few.
4. Viewings from the coastline are safer and more accessible for children, elderly and handicap individuals. This service allows everyone to be a part of the memorial service.
5. Encourages a Celebration of Life to take place directly after the viewing. Our public and private locations allow families to coordinate a Celebration of Life directly after the viewing. We can put you in contact with the right representatives at multiple locations located along the coastline who understand the service we provide and ensure that you spend your time focusing on the celebration of your loved.
6. Reduces the risk of cancellations. Memorials at Sea require prime weather conditions, and when the weather is not favorable, memorials are often re-scheduled last minute. Viewing from the coastline significantly reduces the chance of a postponement as our captains can successfully conduct memorials in less than perfect conditions.
Please see our page “Cremation Information” to obtain the necessary documentation to scatter at sea and how to safely ship urns.